Thursday, August 10, 2023

Io Aircraft smells wrong

For some reason ToughSF is linking to Io Aircraft. I'm not up for linking that site directly, on account the site lacks such basics as a "careers" or "who we are" link. @io_aircraft_inc does have Twitter... and LinkedIn. The company (of two) claims its HQ in Cape Canaveral but you will go up and down the Canaveral Bight in Google Maps in vain.

As for the engineering the kerbals have offered some trenchant observations.

I really don't like to do this but I have no choice but to whois these guys. Its main office looks closer to James Tiberius Kirk, shall we say, further up river.

I'm left wondering where's the punchline. Is "Drew Blair" (I'm hoping this much, at least, is an Orwellism) running a deep satire? I'd earlier hoped that this scheme was sprinkling the easter-eggs, like what Reznor did for Year Zero. But if he's planning a hard SF book like, oh, Abraham-Frank[-Weir] or Suarez, I'm not seeing the Amazon link. And his SF game is as hard as a damp sponge.

The alternative is that the company is serious - that it's a patent-troll operation.

BACKDATE 8/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment