Saturday, July 6, 2019

Upload #180: by grace of the throne

In the last six weeks, I have had cause to rethink my online presence; but I have assuredly not recanted my stance on the history of Islam. I have only collected more facts.

As usual, the last project in is the first project fixed, so: "Promised Egypt" is cleaned up... a lot. For one thing I deleted that appendix, which content you've already read in The Arabs.

I'd gone through Arthur Jeffery's Foreign Vocabulary again, so: "Blasting the Sultan" and "Against Jihad" have more Syriana. In other Jeffery news I found in Materials a variant of Q. 20:98 on the "lord of the throne" so, "The Ararat Tax" takes that into account. I also overhauled its 'Noah and the Prophets' subsection, in the light of Marijn van Putten, "The Grace of God", now published in BSOAS 82.1.

I re-read Sadeghi and Bergmann, "The Codex of a Companion of the Prophet and the Qur’an of the Prophet". This affected "Running Over The Sabbath" on sura 62 and especially "The Spenders in Hypocrisy" on sura 63, which hadn't been touched since 2016. The sura 63 links further touched on the reception of sura 76 so, "The Test of Man".

"Monks, Muslims, and Sura 57" takes on another 5>57 link I'd found in Neal Robinson's classic "Hands Outstretched" article. "God’s Path Leads through the Caliph" wrestles with Q. 59:2's clenching against the believers. "Donning the Mantle" (which was too short) has an additional 20>74 link.

Most of the altered projects were altered because I'd misspelled "Qur'an" in the title of a Boullata book; having misspelled "Boullata" earlier. @#$%! Anything else, I don't remember.

Madrassa.

No comments:

Post a Comment