Sunday, October 27, 2019

An aurora in Nuaym bin Hammad

A couple weeks back I found “The Earliest Candidates of Auroral Observations in Assyrian Astrological Reports: Insights on Solar Activity around 660 BCE”. Further, I found its draught on the arxiv for Solar and Stellar Astrophysics (astro-ph.SR) and History and Philosophy of Physics (physics.hist-ph). With all that, I have a new project: "Observations of an aurora in Islamic apocalyptic subsequent to the 774 CE carbon anomaly".

I usually post my work as part of the "zimriel project": Google Docs, linked on my site. But this one, I wanted to upload to the arxiv. I have created an account... but I find that the arxiv has special rules to keep the, er, dross out. To post in an area, I need an endorsement from someone else who is active on that area. The areas I want are, of course, the areas "astro-ph.SR" and "physics.hist-ph". Although I also considered "astro-ph.HE".

Until that happens (or, unless that happens...), feel free to read my work as a freely-available Google Doc, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment