Wednesday, October 23, 2019

The Cult of the Singing Flame - in press

I have wiped the bulk of "The Cult of the Singing Flame" from its present posting-ground. The good news: a much-improved version is set to be published: in The Averoigne Legacy, under Pickman's Press. Last I heard, the e-book is going out in the next week (for All Saints' Eve, when else) and a paperback soon after.

Some contributors had announced their notices earlier. And that's great! My situation, I feel, differs from most contributors', so I dared not say aught until now.

The publisher and I negotiated an agreement where I'd take a lower fee - for a few reasons: this is a small publisher, and the story demanded more editorial help than most on account of it being my first. In return I got the right to republish the story, which technically would include its pre-publication over there. But I am so pleased with the editorial help that, really, I don't want that original hanging out anywhere else. Also, based on the list of other authors, Simon Whitechapel in particular, I think this volume as a whole is going to be worth all of the time and money it requests of us.

FanFiction.net might delist the stub I left, for "advertising", which I hope they don't do, but if they do then I'll accept their decision.

REVIEW 11/10 - of the collection as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment