Monday, June 27, 2022

The permaflying hotel

I considered something like a permaflying aeroplane for Venus [h/t Drudge]. I eventually came around to a long-flying ramjet, on the Pluto model. Or a helicopter-assisted floating bubble.

However it is done, it seems more practical over Venus than over any place on Earth. Who's going to allow this thing? Arctic, Antarctic, Pacific, Indian? Sahara?

I am also curious as to how they're radiating excess heat. Submarines already have this problem - and caused me not to think much of it for Venus. But maybe they've fixed it for Earth such that, a little more height can hoist it over our sister's acid clouds.

Assuming anywhere will allow it, a flying community isn't the worst idea I've heard; although I'd not suggest it for the average tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment