Saturday, September 26, 2020

Books read under LOCKDOWN

As years go, 2020 has treated me... okay. I haven't entered many stores, excepting the local grocery and a single bookshop in Estes Park. I have also steered clear of White People Coffee (you know which I mean). This makes for an excellent opportunity to finish the books I own already. I set up folding-chair in public parks, under tree and away from the crowds of course.

I may as well list the books, here:

  • Simon Schama, Citizens
  • Ed West, Iron, Fire and Ice
  • Robert Bryce, Power Hungry
  • Robert Gerwarth, November 1918
  • Robin Wright, The Last Great Revolution
  • R. Alan Covey, Inca Apocalypse
  • Lewis Dartnell, Origins
  • William Gordon East, The Geography behind History
  • David Carballo, Collision of Worlds
  • Tom Holland, Dominion
  • Michael Hudson, And forgive them their debts...

Not bad for a half year. (Er - also, Simcha Jacobovici and Barrie Wilson, The Lost Gospel, in February. Let's forget I read that one...)

I'd bought or been gifted maybe half of these last Christmas or soon after, and the other half I acquired at Estes. Bryce was the only book from some previous year; I had to pick it up again after seeing Planet of the Humans. Hudson came from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment