Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Bad vaccines

We have nineeight vaccines in Phase 3 last I looked. And Tsar Putin, inflicting Phase 3 upon all the Russias.

Russia's vaccine isn't doing great [h/t]. Not that the Lancet is always the best source, but.

As for the "Oxford Vaccine", that can be filed away with the "Oxford Institute" sending me Scientology literature back in 1997/8. It was already problematic in its Phase One but they said nahh it'll be fiine. So now lookit.

Michael Mina asks why the focus on the Spike antigen. If one or two vaccines have problems, if all the vaccines do pretty much the same - that impinges on the others. Barring the attenuated-virus / inoculation methods.

I am no fan of inoculation myself. It's just "let a bunch get the disease and we'll fix 'em in hospital!!" except with a pinprick. Once there... well, Convalescent Plasma doesn't help. Focused vaccines are, still, the best route to Herd Immunity which I expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment