Thursday, August 11, 2022

Art is for money-laundering

If you got yourself an art-degree and you, also, didn't get a computer-science degree: it sucks to be you.

I just pulled public-domain Orientalist art (or previous) for my book-covers. The hardest job was Throne of Glass for which I did my own colouring, and Taprats for the graphic-design. I hired nobody.

The Twitterites burdened with MFAs on student-loan are, of course, blaming CORPORATIONS. These same corporations kowtow to Equity. This is the world you've chosen, d00dz.

Semi-independent authors like myself ... don't care. AI will make our graphic-design easier, cutting out the Equity, freeing up time for content.

Real artists will still do real art. Comic/graphic-novel artists will, I think, also do okay; if they tie their style with AI and boost their productivity thereby. I haven't looked into "NFTs".

As for the MFAs in Eldorado Springs? They will get along fine - unfortunately. They'll sell work on commission. Meaning: they'll sell other services, with some framed artwork as cover for that.

BACKDATE 8/14: May as well fill in the gap.

LAWYERS 8/15: All this said - if the AI is lifting from a living artist's style and the living artist didn't ask to "tie it with" the AI, then yes: that dev needs suing.

No comments:

Post a Comment