Sunday, August 21, 2022

Lenovo BIOS had a problem

I am back on this my main laptop / PC. It had a misadventure over the past four weeks. On 26 July Lenovo recommended a BIOS update (and McAfee). This "ECCN40WW", applied 1:45 PM that day, rebooted to... nothing. Then it kept trying and failing to reboot to BIOS.

I sent it to Lenovo in Houston under the (limited) warranty. Houston claimed battery-damage not subject to warranty. Such damage being impossible for me to prove one way or another, I paid for the battery and for the labour. It came back to me around noon today (I was napping 10 AM - 1 PM, not having aught better to do). Lenovo still wanted a BIOS update, "ECCN41WW" this time; this was done.

I'm still skeptic that a BIOS update such as I performed last month would torch the battery. But the machine is (now) 20 months old, so I dunno. I guess that is why warranties have to be paid-for after a year.

Now Microsoft is in on the game with "2022-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5015882)" so, allegedly, this is "downloading" now.

UPDATE 3:50 PM - Next up is Intel. Bluetooth and WiFi were installed; now, display. I note that I'm in Houston time, incidentally, tho' Mountain is claimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment