Wednesday, August 31, 2022

My cousins in Norwich

Thomas Booth posted yesterday here then here on a "burial" at Norwich... in a well. This is from a 2004 excavation now a paper he cowrote.

Their genetics link best with us the Ashkenaz. I don't know whether these were closer to Littwak or to Galician; I am a Littwak, -ovitz not -berg. It is likely that, at AD 1200, they precede the split. Even then these were an inbred bunch who had (four) genetic defects common to our line today.

Since I doubt that Ashkenazim are East Anglian by origin I would assume that the defects - and the Ashkenazim - arose in the Low Countries and Rheinland first.

And since I further doubt these Jews fought their way across Avar and Slav territory before settling the lower Rhine, Khazar-theorists have some 'splainin to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment