Monday, November 21, 2022

Khazaria

Eurogenes over a week back has endorsed khazaria.com.

I used to accept the Khazarestan hypothesis - but not so much for Kevin Brook's geocities-tier site, I must concede (or, confess). I figured him for an amateur like, well, like late-1990s me. A book existed Dictionary of the Khazars which played off some of the legendarium. I got more-excited about Elhaik's thesis, which got more play in mainstream media. But then Elhaik's methods and priors were debunked. And we found preSephardic remains of Jews in Norwich and... well.

Brook is now growing on me.

Brook dismisses Elhaik; which one might put down to rivalry, but time has proven Brook right on Elhaik's poor scholarship. Also Brook has doggedly kept up with the research, and has been willing to take the L where needed. Contrast Graham Hancock.

No comments:

Post a Comment