Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Barnes and Noble, our free-speech publisher*

*... for now. But until then:

Contra Robert Spencer, who discloses himself a personal friend of Ibn Warraq, I've had mixed reviews of Ibn Warraq's work over the decades. As of, oh, 2020 I'm more nuanced about Islam than I once was. I do however think that Ibn Warraq is interesting and that his works deserve a hearing, especially his more-mature works, of which The Islam in Islamic Terrorism: The Importance of Beliefs, Ideas, and Ideology appears to be one.

I'll note that Barnes and Noble still stock this book. I hear they've been based lately what with stocking Sowell and Limbaugh as "Heroes of Liberty". That hedge-fund might actually have done some good.

But... for how long? When Amazon block a book, other sellers consider it Extreme. Because when you own 70% of the market, you become the Moderates by sheer bodyweight.

No comments:

Post a Comment