Wednesday, August 17, 2022

MOXI II

So far I've seen two low-scale methods to get oxygen from Mars: the MOXI reaction from carbon-dioxide and just nabbling it from the air. The latter method looked better. Lately - here's Plasma MOXI.

One concern the plasmologists raised, was storing all the oxygen (and carbon-monoxide). I'd think, however, that a deflated balloon should get the job done.

As with earlier MOXI, I like this for Venus also. Depending on the altitude Venus offers similar air-pressure. Also, it should enjoy a lot more (solar) energy, and no dust besides. Also-also these are lifting gasses in this atmosphere. I'd rather we research ballooning than stuff like this, anyway.

MOXI I 8/31: The original experiment works, after all. If you cared, which I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment