Saturday, September 17, 2022

A good day

I want to check in on some personal comments. Some positivity, perhaps. Because in the southwest-Louisville / Superior region, we needed some of that this year.

I was readying for a day-out in Superior (and Broomfield) when, around 8:20 AM, I looked in the mirror and saw Jack Torrance staring back from it. So: haircut time. Superior actually had a salon open, so I started out early. This done I got a nice breakfast next door, and then headed out to the bookstore. I got Joe Haldeman's The Forever War (and Daryaee's Sasania), so walked (back) to the park.

I was early by three hours for the chili fest, but they let me read this book in the nearby soccer field. So I did that. Then I queued up to pay my $40 for four hours of beer and chili (and to pay another $5 for a shirt).

I can't exactly say I had too much beer - anyway I wasn't driving - but I definitely had more chili than I needed. Nice conversations. No rain! (Until I was walking home, but - well - it was hot, so I didn't mind it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment