Wednesday, January 11, 2023

TOI 700

Sooo much ScienceDaily content yesterday. Here's one that rolled in last night: TOI 700. Transits, 100 light-years out so: high double-digit parallax.

b orbits 10 days, c 16; now e is 27. There's a d out at 37. d is considered HZ; e is in the "optimistic HZ" so, at 95% Earth mass - Venuslike. At this point I have to assume no eccentricity and that all are tidally-locked. Also I expect that's a wrap for more planets beneath d.

I take it that this new planet has constrained e's mass. Emily Gilbert: Planet e is about 10% smaller than planet d. So, d is 1.06 M - in the inner zone of the HZ. That runs the risk of Venus too.

I assume that since the star is light that anything 2.5 the size of Earth i=90° every 16 days, like c, has got to be rocking its light-curve. I assume, further: c is too hot to be much gassier than Venus. Like LP 413-53's dwarfs and Proxima b, the TOI-700 star was probably hotter, earlier.

The planets don't look resonant. Well okay - for b:c I'll buy 8:5 (compare V:E 13:8). Beyond that, uh... no.

No comments:

Post a Comment