Monday, January 2, 2023

Upload #202: in controversies born

In with the new; and here's why I pulled back sura 77 and cut down her project.

A couple years ago I'd tried, but got bogged in, a side-bar mission for "Jesus’ Arraignment". That "Arraignment" project proposed a now-lost sura perhaps known to a Latin scribe and to John Damascene. The sidebar was going to look into Nicetas’ own Greek Quran.

I'd based my work heavily upon Christian Hoegel. I figured I should at least look into Patrilogia Graece. This, I think, has made a real project out of the Greek Quran: "The Near-Faithful Greek Qurân". Also it helped me organise "Arraignment" better.

Also sorely-needed around here was a peek at sura 17. I've not really explained all sura 17 in one place yet but "Misquoting Qurân" should serve as that peek - where its relationship to earlier work. In the meantime "The Balance Restored" on sura 83, I've decided, must use sura 17 which means also 77.

Madrassa.

No comments:

Post a Comment