Monday, February 19, 2024

Upload #209: February to February

It's been a year, and it's been a long weekend (sort of, there was a work day today but, not much actual work). So - sitekeeping! The big change here was Google's demand I upgrade the site again. Also I have repudiated "The Balance Restored" (on sura 83) and delinked it.

In happier news, I suppose, is (yet) another overhaul of "Blasting the Caliph"; G-d willing, the last update of that troubled project, at least for awhile. I also have fixes to "The Bankipur Dissent", "Walayat", "Moses to 'Ad", and "The Grant of Command" - which were the most-recent, so most-in-need-of-a-corrective. Also taking some tweaks are: "God’s Sultanate over the Upper Tigris", "The Last Word", "Building the Seven Heavens", "Islamic Alimony", "Remember the Reminder", and "Donning the Mantle".

I have some new content, to bolster Throne of Glass. But I didn't post it there (at present). I posted it on academia.edu: "Of Sirma and Sura". Actually I posted that last week, over two editions; the link should go to the 15 February edition. I figure enough time had passed I shouldn't need another edition for awhile. This is more than I can say for the essay's target. When you go after a dog's dinnerbowl (because Lindstedt's thesis contradicts mine) you're risking your fingers; and I gotta say, Lindstedt's essay was not one of his better-researched outings. But I gotta say also that that essay was, like mine, a draught. That is why we upload draughts, for others to review. So I aimed for politeness, although I don't know how far I succeeded.

Madrassa.

No comments:

Post a Comment