Saturday, February 11, 2023

Upload #208: legacy of forgery

Over the fortnight of no-content I started research on this bad boy. New project: "Walâyat". In summary I can prove Walâyat a forgery, derivative of suras 26 and 41, and parallel to a bronze-ish plaque at the Dome of the Rock. I cannot (yet) prove Walâyat derivative of anything past that. In fact sura 42 might exist to refute it.

This also affects "Near-Faithful Greek Qurân" which has new content as a result, which result is mainly of me remembering that I wrote two relevant projects now in A Garden for the Poets. And I'd found that Jeffery's 17:16 is just Qurtûbi's. In one place, however, I should put "new" in "scare" quotes. I admit: the sura 9(/61(/48)) is copy-pasted between the two projects. The crosstext is an obvious LPU but, before pulling all that out, I really do need more pages, and maybe a coherent theme. These projects are all draughts, remember...

Also fixed: "Sodom's Elephant" and "The Last Word". The Shî'a agreed on 105+106. And the latter was, or so I gather, templated from an older document of mine so here just needed better formatting.

Madrassa.

No comments:

Post a Comment