Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Upload #207: return and review

Over the past fourteen days, unable to write (properly) I did some re-reading instead, of some books I'd not used lately. I dug out FE Peters' reader on Classical Islam and Michel Cuypers' Composition. The former just gave me Kashî again but the re-read did help my "Bankipur" project.

Cuypers by contrast involved suwar 74, 81, 85, 105, 110 so: "Mantle", "Reminder", "From Hell's Ditch", "Sodom's Elephant", and "The Last Word". I'd bought the book in 2017ish but found it useless at the time. Clearly since then we've done more work; not so useless anymore...

Elsewhere although Bert Jacobs doesn't want the quote, I can give him the credit, for warning us who use Hoegel that we might not actually have a "Near-Faithful Greek Qurân" as my title goes. Meanwhile I remembered that I had a parallel project on the earliest Umayyad Theories Of The Cross. I have inserted a section on "exegesis".

Madrassa.

No comments:

Post a Comment