Monday, February 20, 2023

DOCSIS 3.1

Today it is James Earl Carter, Jr Day among other presidents we honour despite them being racist and evil. I don't exactly have the day off of work but, best I can tell, nobody is working. What I do have, at home, is a slow connexion, topping at 280 Mbps (last they looked at the outside equipment, couple years back, they were saying 70). Inasmuch as this home is my office I deem research to boost this bandwidth further, as work-related.

My CableLabs service-provider has informed me about Data Over Cable Services Interface Specification. My old modem is on DOCSIS 3.0. A "3.1" now exists.

Said old modem was, I think, bought in 2016. I don't find an Amazon order-code so it may have been purchased from the ISP. In theory the ISP (with 3.1) allows up to 2.3+ Gbps. In practice the cable is promising 800 Mbps. Still better than what I got; ISP may boost it further.

W00T 5 PM - It's set up. Arris Surfboard 'case you were wondering; those guys are all right, although it cost me $200+tax. I am definitely getting higher speeds on fast.com. I had to call the ISP to register the thing which, further, required unplug-and-replug. ER 5:03 PM - and it just randomly reset. I hope this thing makes no habit of that . . .

B& FROM 4CHAN 5:30 - Proxy/VPN. Your ban was filed on April 25th, 2020 and expired on July 24th, 2020 at 14:06 ET. I am pretty sure an IP switch was had.

No comments:

Post a Comment