Friday, March 20, 2020

The Great Lent of 2020

Ed Yong breaks down the facts about Winnie The Flu. Technically a specie of common-cold.

The gastro stuff concerns me. Tuesday night, my gut got inflamed. It felt more small-intestine than diverticuloid / sigmoid, and my lymphatic system hasn't done much. There was diarrhea but I've run that much out yesterday noonish, after a sharp shift to a liquid diet with soups. It still hurts like a bruise when I stand up and walk around. Either way, this is the worst I've felt since late 2018.

The MDs talk of spread to the lungs via "faecal-oral". I interpret that farts in an enclosed space would do it. We DON'T want this in lungs. If I don't eat, I don't poop. (Needed to lose some of that early-2019 weight anyway, and the gyms are closed.)

I bet a lot of "asymptomatic" cases were "a case of the sh!ts" not worth the bother to hit the local MD. I sure hope so!

As for why Coronas never got attention: my theory is, they were deprioritised versus cancers and HIV. The pathogen-budget went to retroviri. I hasten to add, to "signal" if you must, that I am not John Derbyshire; I do not call HIV "a fashionable venereal disease". We needed to do this work to learn how to hack cells, like cancers hack cells. But it meant "we'll have a cure for the common cold!!" remained a Bloom-County tier joke until the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment