Saturday, March 14, 2020

Upload #186: big dig

Whilst I was cooped up here I mused over Afsaruddin's comments about suras 29 and 49. As Andrew Harrod has observed, her argument would work best if these suras abrogate the less-irenic suwar of which JihadWatch readers are aware. For that, perhaps we could demonstrate that those two are among the last suwar.

I have added some more 16>29 arguments to "Against the Jihad" [UPDATE 3/28 - I take it all back]. As for "True Belief against Islam", I considered the Masûdî variant text. Can't hurt.

Mostly today I've been after sura 99. There are questions on whether it is "Meccan" or "Madinan". For Ibn Masûd, the question went more on what's in it, and whether it is a sura at all.

I explore these in "Gaia's Burdens Exposed" - I'm proposing Palestinian. Also I think sura 10 used it, so, "Promised Egypt" got a change. By the way this means I think sura 99 is early: 635ish AD. But like 29 and 49, it is by one of the Jihad's critics; contemporary with Jacob famously-baptised.

Madrassa.

No comments:

Post a Comment