Tuesday, November 21, 2023

OpenAI

I don't pretend to know wtf is going on with exCEO Altman nor with the company he'd headed. I read (I think from eigenrobot at Twitter - who is obtuse on Hamas) that OpenAI was founded, explicitly, to do Artificial Intelligence such that it obeys the Asimovian Three.

I must lay out my marker that ethics in futurism is a thing. I do not think that Microsoft is sufficiently-ethical to do AI.

Pixy Misa likes to call this guy "Sam Altman-Fried". That's... a bit much. UPDATE 11/23 - especially if EAs were involved in his ouster.

Either way we agree that CEO-for-a-day Emmett Shear is not a rapist. I can't believe I just had to post that; but that's where we're at, as a culture. Make waves and they'll call you names.

RESEARCH 11/25: Nah; it's OpenDEI and needs to D.I.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment