Tuesday, August 25, 2026

It is not Elon's content

People subscribe to X because they want to support X. X doesn't have a great user-interface if you're not on that system, so alternatives xcancel and nitter.net have provided that service for us. I tend to get my information from those sidechannels. At least those two sidechannels are now down due to ceaseanddesist orders.

When linking from here, I do strip out those URLs and for "x.com". In the event that the site has some other form of monetisation.

I'll say this much: without the sidechannels, X is useless to me. I'll route around it. I'll not use it. This blog here has never been an income stream; I don't know if I want it to be.

I think the C&D is a bad move. I doubt it is Elon Musk's primary income stream. Much of Musk's income comes from doing launches and that depends on goodwill from Musk's allies, especially the ally in charge of the US military. In that light X.com is an advertising channel. The sidechannels have been helping Musk present himself as a free speech advocate. Without the sidechannels, X.com is just another Facebook; and Musk is just another Zuckerberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment