Friday, June 25, 2021

Posting the L

I was, of course, sick after all when I'd poasted this stupidity. I realised that much by the following morning. I was in semiconscious denial.

I still don't see it as Pooh(?) Flu - I didn't get the Delta headache or the fever, much less the loss of taste or smell, allowing for congestion. Might have been an inflamed colon over this week but that was probably just an overly spicy curry. Overall just a rhino', methinks.

What I did about it was: went to the mountains Saturday morning, where I went masked and asked to be seated outside. I skipped the weekend Mass, skipped the gym. I went back to the gym Monday where I went, again, masked. I went to the Thursday morning Mass - once more, masked. By Saturday I figured I was no longer transmissible. I reckon I'd got back to normal maybe this Tuesday evening.

I soaked up the extra time (when not at work) reading forward in Stalin's War and Brave New World Revisited. I felt like this crud was Zhukov's Moscow campaign, stalling me from my objective.

Luckily I'd held the line so today I posted some gainz. I might be almost where I was February 2020. I'm already at 100 lb pull, 90 pex and now I'm close to 80 push and 50 vertical push (seems I can do one or the other). And I'm definitely 145 on the pulldown.

And I'm now inoculated against one more nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment