Friday, June 11, 2021

Health report

The usual suspects are still slamming "DAH VAXX!" so, here we go again.

On Wednesday, I wondered if I was getting an ear infection. Yesterday the crud settled into an upper throat / sinus thing, so - at least it wasn't strep. Today there's been some nasal congestion.

Throat lozenges did the trick yesterday. Didn't even need zinc, which is good because I ran out of cold-eeze last year. And there aren't any anomalies with taste or smell. So yeah: allergies. Air quality in this valley has been terrible this week (it's been running into the 90°s F) and, oh yeah, the flowers are in bloom. I did my work up in the Estes region, thankfully without disruption.

As for the rest, here is the nugget of truth in the piles of AC/VD ordure (VD is to AC what Driscoll is to Treacher): the immune system is greedy. If your body thinks it's got an infection to handle, it is going to prioritise that over the rest of your body's needs. I can fully accept that the immune system considers muscle-maintenance as "Priority 2". That is why allergies, multiple-sclerosis, and other autoimmune nasties make us weak.

I am still going to the gym, but. Obviously given the heat (and work) I have to get on that early in the morning. And I'm holding steady at the weights I'd been doing Monday / Tuesday. I don't expect to be upgrading my system for another couple days.

As for DAH VAXX - whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment