Sunday, March 20, 2022

Ur-Quan for Windows 11

I'm working with the old games on Windows 11. I have DOSBox, and Visual Studio 2022 64bit (where I have sourcecode for whatever project). As usual, DOSBox stuff works great. FreeSpace 2 still works great (woot!). I have problems with the 32bit slate.

Ur-Quan Masters HD was my main project today. It ... didn't work great, or at all at first. It turns out that if your only Visual Studio is 64bit then the msvcr100.dll won't be loaded. You can download that from dll-files.com but (1) not everyone trusts dll-files.com and (2) why isn't this part of the package? Also you have to force the overall app to be Admin Mode and to run in 640x480 resolution. Oh: and no mouse.

I am told that the MegaMod is where Frungy players go, these days, for their fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment