Thursday, March 7, 2024

Upload #210: signs of the times

Over the last fortnight-and-change, which seems longer than it was because February ends earlier than most, I was pondering chronology. So: new project, "Daniel's Main Points". Overall I don't have much to add to the (fine) essay by the authorial duo, except speculations; but I figure the speculations don't hurt, here.

To find chronological references relevant for that, I dove back into "The Rebel's Wind". I wasn't happy with the number of uploads I'd done on that, up to three years ago; so I hadn't bothered uploading more, since. All that put me in hock for changes made locally. So that's uploaded now.

"The Camel of Sacrifice" now has its second edition - although, here, I'm glad I waited those four years. Brought here, are Athanasius of Balad and James of Edessa; and Athanasius' Syriac correlation with Tur-'Abdin 819. I haven't yet read Animal Sacrifice and the Origins of Islam, at its $110 pricetag.

"The Suras of the Women", an older project from 2012, I just realised hadn't ever taken into account the 2015 publication of the Disputation of the Monk. Oops! That definitely needed in there.

And there's another new project, to balance out the project I summarily deleted last time: "Without Peer". Just the usual (boring) collection of sources of sura, here sura 30.

Madrassa.

No comments:

Post a Comment