Sunday, April 5, 2020

Upload #189: deus lo volt

The suwar 74, 76, and 81 end similarly. My projects dealing with these - "Mantle", "The Test of Man", and "Reminder" - had got into a tangle as a result.

Fortunately, I'd already suspected each component of this trio as somewhat late. Here, the shared text happened to depend on sura 18. My next task was to sort out whatever other parallels are in each. For these, "Promised Egypt" now proposes 80>10; "Blasting the Caliph", 73:1-19>69. With these, and with what I'd already argued about sura 18, I was clear to stick suras 73 and 80 into the distant past of all 74, 76, and 81. That cleared the field: sura 74 before the other two.

I was wondering in "Mantle" about some parallels with sura 45 which, now, involve 25 too. It turned out behind all these parallels' bases were 14 and 54, respectively... and sura 25 looks to be quoting the sura 74 form of it. In the process, sura 45 evinced that selfsame sura 14 parallel. "Mantle" has sura 74, then, as another House Of War era text, like suras 34 and 67 (but not sura 45). "Days of Allah" has a tightened argument for that in sura 45.

Speaking of "Days of Allah", I also needed to untangle sura 45 from its parallels in suras 23 and 43. So "The Ararat Tax" and "Defending Jesus" argue for their use of sura 45.

Meanwhile "Provision" has changed mainly that sura 51 doesn't actually name Isaac. So it's not "Ishaq" there. May as well upload that whilst I'm about it.

Madrassa.

No comments:

Post a Comment