Friday, April 24, 2020

Upload #193: windchime

I've sketched out sura 83 in "Balance Restored", which further helps "May the Rocks Become Dust" on sura 77. I also found (finally!) a 35 > 50 link, so that's in "Q".

I'm still scratching my head on sura 69. "Blasting the Caliph" now brings in what I was saying last November about 'Uthman's sultanate. On the other hand, I am currently unable to decide the order between suras 54 and 69.

To this end I took a detour into that windstorm of the late 20s/640s - if indeed there was one. I trace this to a Maronite source we no longer have directly. It has come to us (probably) via Theophilus the astrologer of Edessa. So, "The Sinners at Caesarea" must reopen whether Theophilus was a Maroni himself. Spoiler: I don't need to answer that... for the 100s/720s. For the middle first / seventh century however, I'm pretty sure now that he was, or that his own source was. It's good news for those of y'all who bought The Arabs and Their Qur'an, because its case (partly) rested on the middle seventh century Syriac source being Maronite, so skipping the good work Constantine IV was doing. This project is "The Rebel's Wind".

Madrassa.

No comments:

Post a Comment