Monday, July 6, 2020

I'm an American conservative, 2020

Hi, guest post here from a #MAGA conservative living and actively commenting in America's Internet today. I am about the same (middle) age as the proprietor of the Baghestan, and I vote about the same.

I might have been wrong about a few things a decade or so ago - like about the Obama Nirth (sic) Certificate, and about Ben Stein's Expelled; both of which loudly-trumpeted convictions abjectly failed to win over a majority of fellow American voters. And let us not discuss the Iraq invasion!! But anyway.

So now the Baghestan sits in that 53% of GOP voters who support mask mandates. Fie on this site. I think masks are muzzles for sheep.

All the social-distancing rules are totalitarian. Oh, you think otherwise, you arrogant bastard, thinking you're better than me. I mean, than "Us"; I'm playing to the gallery here. I like to say "Our Betters" a lot; sometimes "our masters". Although I might not know much about Teh Science!! I sure do resent people who cite Science. I think masks are virtue signalling. And vaccines are a plot by Bill Gates to - I'm a little less clear on that. Maybe microchipping. Maybe population control. Maybe just to make money.

And how is it that they say Masks Work but insist on social distancing anyway? Huh?! Make up your minds, people! (Yeah, I know, I probably know better, but I just like to drop that as a hit-n-run on Twitter.)

The increasing death and case toll just comes from more testing (much as I oppose mandatory testing, as invasive and Big Brotherish). Well okay, maybe not so much, they do reveal the deaths have been undercounted... by 30%, say Our Betters. And I'm not concerned about people who get the disease and are stuck with the lifelong complications. I'm too young to remember how the Polio worked back then, and haven't bothered to ask around.

Cases go up, death rates down... we're probably good. I haven't read much about Lagging Indicators (at least, not that I'll admit to the gallery) and I've read nothing about Simpson's Paradox.

Either way we can still solve this, by Herd Immunity. Herd Immunity means if enough OTHER people have antibodies, that means another introduction of this disease will hit the now-immune people and I won't get this disease myself. Or maybe I'll get it and I won't be among the Cases. Or if I do get a Case, I'll beat the 1-in-20 odds (actually higher for me, since I'm middle-aged, but hey).

I'd like to contribute to Herd Immunity but I'm not willing to let Bill Gates (boo!) inject me, or mine. So... how about I get my children inoculated. Like in the old days with smallpox. The kid won't have the same likelihood of a Case or, failing that, a Fatality. So it's off to the Covid Party.

Ooops, THAT didn't work too well. But it's not like it is going to change MY mind.

I am an American conservative, and I expect your vote for another four years of 2020 this coming November. See you at the rally!

/s

No comments:

Post a Comment