Friday, March 12, 2021

The Venus / STL1 paper

I figured I'd done enough work on the cycler between Venus and Sol/Terra L1 that I'd write a formal paper on it.

My paper is on the same model as McConaghy, Longuski, and Byrnes' "Analysis of a Broad Class of Earth-Mars Cycler Trajectories" 2002 and, in fact, part of my paper's job is to follow that paper's method to duplicate its results for the Aldrin "1L1". My paper dilates a little more than theirs on some of the assumptions they'd left unstated.

I couldn't quite follow them on S1L1, which is the ballistic trajectory superior to Aldrin's, so I don't moot a "S1L3" or whatever. For what I do have, which is 2L4, I come up with a year-1999 launch date, whence anyone can count forward to track launch days for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment