Saturday, July 24, 2021

The Northeasternised Hosk

I spent Saturday creating the Taladas content for 1d4chan. I could not resist my urge to extend the Steamwall. Now I'm going back to my proposed extension of the map.

My northern extension is... hideous. It looks like the conehead from that first The Hills Have Eyes (the 2006 was better, really), or Weird Science. Ugggh.

Better idea, to follow: expand Minotaur territory northwest. Their border remains the Tiderun, which we run northwest instead of due west. This pushes Tamire[-Panak] to the north which I've expanded already; but it's a steppe, supposed to be east-west.

The Steamwall (also expanded) gets that bit more territory, here the Fianawar side of it, but we can live with that. The Ilquar goblins lose that territory but, again, we're fine with that. The best of this correction: we can extend Tamire[-Panak] eastward.

I don't mind for game-balance that the Minos get more turf. In my other expansions, I'd expanded Thenol's Lebensraum, and the elves'. Potentially, anyway. As ever (and probably with Aurim herself), empires can claim all the area they want. Such empires cannot always tax all that area.

The east-expanded Tamire[-Panak] might butt into the Rainwards but, who's been campaigning all the way over there anyway? The fun stuff is west with a touch of Old Aurim.

An aside on the [-Panak]: it sucks. (Like "Blackmoor" sucked for Greyhawk.) I call that Taladas doesn't need it. If we must have the people, they're fisherfolk visiting from a northern, frigid island or archipelago without much in the way of trees. An Iceland, a Greenland, a Svalbard, a Novaya Zemlya... all the above; as long as none rival the size of Taladas.

BACKDATE 7/27

No comments:

Post a Comment