Saturday, November 13, 2021

Ganymede protective service

As in mythology, so in planetary physics: Ganymede is abused by Jupiter, and needs to be protected. This project does that.

I got the germ of the idea Monday when I ran across the proposal to shield Mars, from our Sun. The next day, I plotted out the skeleton of the project and scampered around for references and data; in so doing, I critiqued the gaps in the Mars project. Wednesday was my day for starting on the mathematics, mainly for the microteslae; and for fixing the MANY errors of my initial draught. Thursday, the Armistice, proved not as productive as I'd hoped, since I'd spent the morning at church and then doing some (paid) work I'd had assigned to me Wednesday night; although, I did get the volume of the coil we need. Yesterday I was like, why not sketch out how to get that mass over to that iceball, which the original (Martian) project had not done (because on rock-cratered Mars they didn't need to).

Blogger (and Wunderground) being blocked from me over the most-relevant three days did NOT help; although this resolved itself as of this morning.

Meantime, I note that my Academia page had not got around to some early April fixes to the cycler projects, both the errata to the Earth/Mars tables and the "2L4" Venus-STL1 cycler. I reckon by then I'd just gotten burned out. So those fixes are in, belatedly.

LANDING 12/9/22: there's chatter that Europa may have sites as don't get Jovian radiation; which means Ganymede has such sites as well. Still: I'm here to talk about the whole globe. For instance getting on/off any airless and tidally-locked world at the Hohmann implies the antijovian or projovian points.

No comments:

Post a Comment