Thursday, January 7, 2021

Two men come to a river

My position on the ongoing US election - a transfer of power by legitimate means, ideally - is that Trump lost.

Not that Biden won; certainly not that Biden got an honest tally of Electoral College votes. I have observed that an array of forces willed that Trump not stay on for the second half of his octaeteridal metonic. Those forces have ensured that Trump's octa be a tetra. Those forces were not American-certified voters.

I am with Moldbug's grey-mirror on this one (as usual): Trump is done. In fairness Trump never really wanted to be that GOD EMPRAH which his followers wanted, which maybe his followers needed. Trump was always a... troll. When you troll, some people take you serious-like. Some of them might even believe you.

I think that Trump's voters enacting a tantrum about all this is Cope. The Duck, who will assuredly be banned again maybe even by the time I finish typing all this, is delusional if he thinks that THE EMPRAH is going to save him. I also, however, think that this exchange is Cope. If you think that this election was honest, and that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris deserve the respect due to (say) a Ronald Reagan or a Jimmy Carter... I don't know what to say to you.

And with all the respect which HBDChick is due, and I owe her a lot of that respect, I cannot spare sympathy for the "I've been ill" excuse. You were online the whole time posting commentary. In that time you could have spared the time to look up the facts. If you're doing astronomy, you do the damn math; even bad math can be checked. Electoral commentary is also a mathematic.

Or you could just admit you're happy that the side which you supported did a better job of cheating. I've grown to accept this, myself (although I voted the other way). The Democrats' side did, this one time, steal from the right people. I mean, just look at 'em. Just look at us...

Two parties came to the Rubicon. One side brought planks and nails, and engineers. The other brought Ernst von Salomon's fishing-pole. Maybe both parties got what they wanted. The rest of us ... we must hope (or pray, if that is your thing) that the competence displayed in breaking rules can be redeployed in making them.

RIP MIDNIGHT MST: Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick. EYEWITNESS 1/11: Terry Bouton.

No comments:

Post a Comment