Friday, December 18, 2020

Becky

I have read a few books this year, including fiction, but I didn't report on the fiction because I've completed only nonfiction works. I have had books recommended to me, in the meantime, sometimes also fiction. Thus Rebecca Chambers' The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet.

Chambers, like Andy Weir with The Martian, self-published this one; like Weir's, her book got snagged by a publisher.

As I scan reviews about The Long Way I'm finding SF for Tumblr, nothing much happens [until the last 40 pages].

If we bring these together: Tumblr Twilight.

This sort of book isn't something we're supposed to read so much as something about which we're supposed to boast that we've read. Chambers has the same sort of origin-story as Rowling had: SHE BEAT THE SYSTEM! - whilst being a stalwart supporter of said system, all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment