Saturday, December 24, 2022

Barnard's Star just cannot get a break

When I was a boy, much fun was had at the expense of Barnard's Star, what with the planet it didn't have and the poor obsessive Peter van de Kamp who didn't find it. The Nederlander Percival Lowell, was he. Now - starting last summer - the next generation gets to enjoy this non-system; here from the line-by-line method, which might actually work.

Enjoy the hat, fools. I'll admit: I'd bought into it myself, although I didn't blog it. I did unfortunately blog the wrong Proxima c but hey.

The biggest winner might well be Fred Pohl for his shadecast in Gateway. Excepting: why were the Heechee ever at this nonplanetary system? - maybe for the same reason we were, we'd all hoped there'd be something.

No comments:

Post a Comment