Thursday, May 21, 2020

Balinor's journey

The Shadow Elves Gazetteer left the lands south of the Lost Souls' Waste as names on a map, only. Although I haven't ventured an opinion, I did find one gamer - from LONG ago - who has. Meet Igor Betti, a force in Italian RPGs.

Betti wrote down his avatar Balinor's journeyings through Gaz13's underworld. One 'Brizio translated most pages to English, and consulted Betti where the pages were missing.

Balinor's group explored a little north of Caerlinyl; but whatever was done there, could have been done in the maps provided. They also did a circuit of the Mylandiel anti-donut. This was quite literally a March Around The Square, since - by the map - there is nothing here; although their DM did present a (sub)cave for them to loot. Their DM further took the geonid presence "south of Alfmyr" literally.

I don't wholly blame the DM for these uninspired grind missions. I've been looking at the map and the book all week, and I still have no idea how I'd do better. I mean, besides doing over.

No comments:

Post a Comment