Thursday, February 10, 2022

Ishoyahb responds

[ed. bishop Isho'yahb future Isho'yahb III, letter 34]

That you are excellent becomes the highest excellence, O Father, as now you have also shown yourself by many testimonies, with from it [excellence], as you usually do, by the impulse of love toward the children, you were moved to my weakness. In five letters, so I heard, you have presented to me in a poor time the fullness of joy. Although these did not come to me, because the enemies who rushed upon them detained them, they were still enough to rejoice, when I had heard the measure of the abundance of your Charity for me. I heard primarily, how much the matter would allow, from brother Mar Iso'yahb the teacher, what is going on with you; and I give thanks to our Lord for all these things, praying that you may be strengthened in the Lord to the praise and glory of the community. We, however, were a little disturbed, but were not altogether abandoned; and we can say that, things considered, we are disturbed but not abandoned {2 Cor 4.9}. For the grace of the merciful God leads me even more to conform to sins than weakness but I am perplexed by the conscience which is contaminated by daily terror. Let your Paternity pray, I beg you, I be safe from danger to the body and soul and be protected by adequate purity and the rest of my days in life, which I will do to please the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment