Saturday, February 12, 2022

Isho'yahb's invitation

[ed. bishop Isho'yahb future Isho'yahb III, letter 37, to his pope]

Much has prevailed against the defect of my weakness, o honored Father, the care of your Fatherhood, worthy of admirable diligence; neither the violence of the limited times, nor all the things which could impede the course of distinguished services, could the strenuous efforts of your Fatherhood restrain, which has always cherished the children of grace, which we are all made by adoption - and more than the others myself, in that I am so weak, as is well known to everyone.

Now I have received the eagerness of the love of your Fatherhood in a letter of peace, and I have desired your peace in the peace of the spirit; I confess also the mercy of your Fatherhood in a humble spirit. I pray and study every hour that I will quickly fill up the desire of my heart by your Fatherhood's visit, with God's help. But before I am worthy of this, let me be considered with mercy until now. Grant me the blessings of prayer continually that I may spend the rest of my days in a life pleasing to God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment